Here we are with a few announcements from Sony already, including a spanking new PS Vita that will be thinner and lighter than its predecessor, not to mention that Japan will be on the receiving end of their Sony PS4 from February 22nd onwards next year. As part of the announcement, it does seem as though Sony Computer Entertainment Japan will reveal the PlayStation Vita TV, which is a system that hooks up to the PS Vita handheld gaming device, the PlayStation 4, as well as the TV in your living room.
Apart from that, the Sony PlayStation Vita TV will enable users to hook up to PlayStation devices across their homes thanks to Remote Play. For instance, a user is able to access and play PS4 games from the comfort of their bedroom, even though the PS4 is connected to the living room TV. For those of you who are interested in picking up the PlayStation Vita TV, it will cost 9,480 yen before tax when it rolls out in Japan later this November 14th, while another bundle is available for the Vita TV which will include a DualShock 3 controller as well as an 8GB Vita memory card which will cost 14,280 yen before tax. Those price points would cost $96 and $143, respectively, after conversion.
- 2014-04-16: Sony's New 4K TVs Will Be Released In The U.S. This June
- 2014-04-15: God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita
- 2014-04-15: Mysterious Sony D6603 Spotted In Screenshot
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6
- 2014-03-24: PS Vita System Software Update Version 3.10 Released
- 2014-03-18: Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster Arrives On PS3, PS Vita
- 2013-09-19: Sony Will Stream PS3 Games To PS4 And PS Vita Next Year