On the 4th of September, Sony is expected to unveil a couple of new products, like the Sony Xperia Z1 and their lens camera accessory, the Smart Shot. Now thanks to a leaked video, what appears to be a promotional video for the upcoming Smart Shot has made its way online and has given us a glimpse as to what we might be able to expect at Sony’s official announcement. The video basically confirms several features of the upcoming accessory, such as its ability to pair with smartphones via NFC (and presumably Bluetooth as well), along with some of its features, such as manual controls, Zeiss lens, and etc.
Sony is expected to announce two versions of the Smart Shot accessory. One will be the QX10 and the other will be the QX100. The QX100 is said to feature the same sensor found on the Sony RX100MII camera which means that it should prove to be a pretty decent camera add-on, while the QX10 will be based on the Sony WX150 camera. Either way we expect Sony to share with us the details in full in the next few hours during their press event at IFA 2013 in Berlin, so check back with us then for the details, or you can check out the video above to get a brief idea of what to expect.
Next Story: Alleged Low-Cost Moto X Spotted At The FCC
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-01-30: Sony QX10/QX100 Receives Firmware 2.0 Update
- 2013-09-04: Sony Cyber-shot DSC QX100 and DSC-QX10 “Lens Style cameras”
- 2013-09-04: Sony's AS30 "Action Cam" Has Arrived
- 2013-09-04: Sony Vaio Flip PC Comes in 13, 14 and 15 Inches
- 2013-09-04: Sony Vaio Tap 11 Competes With The Surface Pro