Sony is going to unveil its new flagship smartphone tomorrow, the hotly anticipated Xperia Z1 a.k.a Honami. There have been a lot of leaks and a lot of rumors. Specs of this smartphone have surfaced again and again, yet we couldn’t be sure because they didn’t come from Sony itself. An entire alleged press release of the Sony Xperia Z1 has leaked less than one day prior to the official announcement, if it is indeed real, it “confirms” quite a few rumors we had previously heard about this device.
According to the leaked press release, Sony Xperia Z1 has a 5 inch TRILUMINOS full HD 1080p display with X-Reality for mobile. Fashioned out of a “solid one piece aluminium frame,” the Xperia Z1 is IP55/IP58 water resistant. The rumored 2.2GHz quadcore Snapdragon 800 processor, 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory and 3,000mAh battery are all confirmed by the alleged press release. Xperia Z1 was rumored to have a 20.7 megapixel camera, the press release reiterates that. However, it appears that the camera won’t be capable of recording 4K resolution video. Sony Xperia Z1 is said to be offered in three colors, white, purple and black. Android 4.2.2 is said to be pre-installed. The alleged press release can be viewed in full here. [Image via XperiaBlog]
Next Story: Verizon CEO Says Carrier Not Going To Canada
- 2014-04-24 Sony Brings Its Background Defocus Camera App Onto Google Play
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-03-10 Sony Xperia Z2's Stereo Speakers Compared Against The Xperia Z1
- 2014-01-30 Sony Xperia Z1 And Xperia Z Ultra Gets Software Update
- 2014-01-20 Sony Sirius Compared With Xperia Z1 Side By Side
- 2013-08-26 Sony Honami's Camera Teased In New Photo
- 2013-08-23 New Sony Honami Photo Teased, Hints At Water Resistance