I do wonder whether companies are starting to catch on with the “Mini” craze, that is, rolling out a smaller and dumbed down version of their current flagship models. One does wonder, why not create an entirely new range of products from the get go instead of using an established flagship model’s name and (some might say) sully it with a “Mini” suffix? Well, perhaps cost is a concern here – since so much money has already been spent to build up the popularity of a particular flagship model’s name and reputation, you might as well stick with it. Enter the Sony Xperia Z1 Mini that might not even be called that when it finally arrives.
Similar to its larger sibling, the alleged Sony Xperia Z1 Mini does not arrive with physical buttons on the front, while carrying a 4.3” HD (1280 x 720 resolution) display. Powered by a quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor with a 20.7-megapixel camera at the back, it will also be accompanied by the likes of 2GB RAM, 16GB of internal memory, and sports a 2,400 mAh battery to keep it chugging. It does seem to be the most powerful of all “Mini” models in the market should it finally arrive, as the camera’s going to be quite a talking point.
- 2014-04-15: God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita
- 2014-04-15: Mysterious Sony D6603 Spotted In Screenshot
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-03-10: Sony Xperia Z2's Stereo Speakers Compared Against The Xperia Z1
- 2014-01-30: Sony Xperia Z1 And Xperia Z Ultra Gets Software Update
- 2014-01-20: Sony Sirius Compared With Xperia Z1 Side By Side
- 2014-01-14: Sony Xperia Z1 Users Complain Of Their Phones Warping
- 2013-12-16: Xperia Z1 Launched In China As The L39t