We’ve heard from a number of U.S. wireless carriers saying they’ll have the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 available on their network in the very near future, but Sprint seems to be missing from the group as of now. We know the wireless carrier expects Samsung’s upcoming phablet to be made available on its network, but when exactly that will happen is still unknown at this point.
Today, a rumor is circulating pegging the launch of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on Sprint’s network to be on October 2, which is around the same time as the other three wireless carriers will launch their respective devices. The rumor is coming from IBTimes, who is citing a Sprint retail representative who says October 2 is the day its customers should expect the Galaxy Note 3 to be available. The Sprint rep also disclosed Samsung representatives visited their store in order to give them a preview of the device, which could indicate a release is expected in the near future.
Since the source of this rumor is coming from a Sprint retail representative, we’d say take this news with a grain of salt. If it came from Dan Hesse or an official Sprint or Samsung source, then we’d say circle your calendars, but we’re sure you know by now just how out of the loop some wireless carrier representatives can be, especially when they can’t think of anything else but to sell you as many accessories and upgrades as humanly possible.
- 2014-04-23 Samsung's Bundled Android Apps Aren't Getting Much Love [Study]
- 2014-04-22 Samsung SM-T2588 Is An Unknown 7-Inch Device
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Galaxy Note Pro Gets FCC Approval
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Stops Selling Paid Applications Through Smart TVs
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Gear Fit Initial Stock Reportedly Sold Out
- 2014-02-20 Sprint's Galaxy Note 3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2013-10-10 Sprint Galaxy Note 3 Users Complain Of Terrible Call Quality
- 2013-09-23 Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Arriving This October 4th For $349.99
- 2013-09-20 Sprint Might Offer The Galaxy Note 3 Soon
- 2013-09-04 Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Will Be Available From AT&T And Sprint As Well