If you happen to be in possession of a BlackBerry 10-powered smartphone on T-Mobile, then you might be pleased to keep a keen eye out for a new software update that T-Mobile has just revealed. This particular update to the BlackBerry Q10 and BlackBerry Z10 is said to deliver Wi-Fi Calling capability in addition to improved performance as well as a bunch of other bug fixes. Wi-Fi calling is one feature that many people have taken advantage of in the past, where one is able to send and receive calls and messages over a Wi-Fi connection, making it an ideal way of saving your costs whenever you are at home or at the office, connected to a corresponding Wi-Fi network of decent speed.
This new update would be available over the air (OTA), where you are able to make a request for it by heading into Settings > Software Updates > Update. Alternatively, you are also able to perform the update installation via BlackBerry Link on your computer. Do bear in mind that the latest update version would bump your BlackBerry 10 OS to 10.1.0.4780 on your BlackBerry Q10 or BlackBerry Z10. For those of you who have already applied the update, how do you find it so far?
- 2014-04-21: BlackBerry Classic Pegged For November Release
- 2014-04-20: BlackBerry's CEO "Really Likes" The Idea Tablet
- 2014-04-20: BlackBerry 10.3 Early Build Shown Off On Video
- 2014-04-16: BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-03: T-Mobile Offering $100 Credit To BlackBerry Customers
- 2014-04-03: BlackBerry Offers T-Mobile Customers $100 Off BlackBerry Handsets
- 2014-04-01: BlackBerry And T-Mobile Part Ways In U.S. Licensing Agreement
- 2014-03-05: 94% Of T-Mobile's BlackBerry Trade-Ins Were For Another OS