Checking on your baby’s vitals can be a tedious job, especially if your little bundle of joy is outside of arm’s reach, or even worse, not even in the same room. Sure – you could install a baby monitor to see what your baby is up to, but wouldn’t you like to know your baby’s heart rate, oxygen levels and overall body temperature? Now you can be the overly protective parent you’ve always wanted to be thanks to the Owlet.
The Owlet is a monitor that you place on your baby’s foot and fits similar to a bootie and is both compact and waterproof. Once the Owlet is placed on your child’s foot, all you’ll need to do is launch its app in order to monitor your baby. You’ll be able to check if they’re currently sleeping, what position they’re currently in as well as additional vitals.
The creators of the Owlet launched the project on Kickstarter, which was rejected for some unknown reason. This resulted in the creators to launch their own crowd funding site in order to raise the $100,000 to fund production of the device, which they have already exceeded their goal. With 16 days left in the campaign, you can make a pledge of $159 in order to get your own Owlet. That may be a tad on the expensive side, but if you have a baby that is sick often, this could very well save their life.RELATED
- This App Can Turn Your Smartphone Into A 3D Scanner
- HBO GO Now Supports Google Chromecast Across iOS, Android, Web
- Porsche Design Re-Imagines The BlackBerry Z10 Costing $2,400
- Digg iOS App Updated With Digg Video Support
- Nexus 5 Compared To Previously Released Nexus Phones [Video]
- Follow: baby monitor, heart rate monitor, smartphone,
- Seen at: technabob