We’ve seen an iPhone 5 case that has a Lightning cable attached to its back, which would allow you to charge your iPhone 5 nearly anywhere there’s a power outlet, so long as you have your adapter with you. You don’t see many iPhone cases that come with a built-in charger, which is exactly what makes the Prong PocketPlug so unique as it combines an iPhone case with a charger that helps to do away with wires and cables.
The Prong PocketPlug features two swiveling prongs on back of the case that can be plugged into an outlet to instantly start charging your iPhone if it’s in need to an extra boost in energy. The only downside of the PocketPlug is the fact you won’t be able to get much use out of your iPhone considering it’ll be positioned against the wall while it’s charging. Fortunately, Prong has thought of that and have included a microUSB port on the PocketPlug’s side to allow for corded recharging, although it sort of defeats the purpose of the case.
If you’re interested in the Prong PocketPlug, the case is available for the iPhone 4/4S and iPhone 5 for $59.95 and $69.95, respectively. Just remember the PocketPlug is a charger case, not a battery case.
- 2014-04-11: Leaked iPhone Cases Reveal New Button Cut Outs
- 2014-04-10: Analyst: iPhone 6 Sleep/Wake Button Could Be Relocated
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Recent Broadcom Hires Corroborates In-House Baseband Rumors
- 2014-04-09: 4.7-inch And 5.5-inch iPhone Models Could Feature Different Resolutions [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2013-05-24: iPhone Repair Costs Rising Due To More Expensive Components
- 2013-05-24: Best Buy Reducing iPhone Price By $50 Starting On May 26
- 2013-02-07: FullForce Jailbreak Tweak Stretches Out iPhone 4/4S Apps For The iPhone 5
- 2013-01-24: Keep Your iPhone And Cup Of Coffee Within Reach With UpperCup Case
- 2012-12-02: i.am+ Genius Phone Shown In Music Video