If you absolutely love having everything around you gold plated, then you probably scoffed at Apple’s offering of a “gold” iPhone 5S, which really isn’t covered in gold, instead, it’s just colored gold. If you’ve been looking for a real gold iPhone 5S, Gold & Co. has finally announced they have launched the world’s first 24 karat gold iPhone 5S handset, offering the device in either plain yellow gold or rose-colored gold. If gold isn’t your thing, Gold & Co. also plans on offering an iPhone 5S completely covered in platinum.
The gold-plated and platinum-covered iPhone 5S will be officially be debuted at the World Luxury Expo in Abu Dhabi where only 250 of each version will be made available. So – how much will it cost you to live in the lap of luxury? The gold iPhone 5S will cost approximately $5,000, the rose gold will cost $5,300 and the platinum version will sell for $5,500. That’s a whole lot of scratch just to walk around with an iPhone that will most likely be obsolete in about a year, but who are we to comment on your spending habits, especially if you have $5,000 sitting around, waiting to be used to purchase a gold iPhone 5S.
- 2014-04-22 Fading Carrier Subsidies May Hit High-End Smartphones
- 2014-04-22 5.5-inch iPhone Delayed To 2015 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-21 Google Glass SMS iPhone Support Coming Soon
- 2014-04-17 Is Steve Ballmer Using An iPhone Now? (Debunked & Updated)
- 2014-04-16 Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2013-11-01 Boost Mobile iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c Pricing Revealed
- 2013-10-31 Apple Doesn't Want Developers Using Gold iPhone 5s In Marketing Materials
- 2013-10-25 iPhone 5s Supplies Are Now Even Shorter [Analyst]
- 2013-09-26 iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-20 Gold iPhone 5S Online Order Shipments Pushed Back To October