The other day we spotted Samsung’s Tizen 3.0 operating system running on the Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone, and now thanks to newly leaked images (via Tizen Experts), Tizen 3.0 can be seen running on the Samsung Galaxy S3. The photos don’t show anything new, other than the operating system running on a different device, but for those seeing this for the first time, it is a stark departure from the TouchWiz UI that Samsung typically employs with its Galaxy lineup of Android devices. However some are calling the Tizen 3.0 UI a rip-off of Microsoft’s Windows Phone operating system, although with the smartphone market being somewhat mature, “borrowing” ideas from other operating systems is starting to become a trend.
While the operating system itself does look pretty good, it is unclear as to when Samsung plans to launch their first Tizen device. We had heard the first Tizen device was pegged for an October release, although newer rumors have suggested that Samsung’s own CEO pushed for a delay, apparently due to wanting to create “the best smartphone”. Given that this will be the first Tizen smartphone from Samsung, possibly as a means to reduce their reliance on Google’s Android operating system, we expect Samsung will want to get it right the first time which will hopefully set a precedent for future Tizen devices. In any case what do you guys think? Like what you see so far? Or do you think it’s too much of a Windows Phone rip-off?
Next Story: HTC One Max Will Be Headed For Sprint [Rumor]
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy K Camera Sample Spotted (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-04-16: High-End Samsung Tizen Device To Arrive By End Of Q2 2014
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-03-17: Samsung Gear 2 And Gear 2 Neo SDK Released
- 2014-03-17: Galaxy S3 Slim Spotted On Samsung Brazil's Website
- 2012-09-20: Samsung Galaxy S3 used to test Tizen