Back in 2012, Toys R Us unveiled a tablet of their own making catered towards children called the Tabeo. The device was not the most impressive tablet we’ve seen, but then again a child does not really need all that processing power, right? For those who are looking for a tablet for their child but don’t want to spend obscene amounts of money on a “proper” one from Apple or Samsung, Toys R Us has announced the successor to the 2012 Tabeo in the form of the Tabeo e2.
Once again the hardware on the Tabeo e2 is not the focus, but for those wondering, it will be powered by a dual-core 1GHz processor, sport an 8” 1024×768 display, come with 1GB of RAM, and 8GB of onboard storage that can be expanded via SD card. The software on the tablet will be based on Android 4.2 and will come with a children’s app store where thousands of free apps can be downloaded.
The tablet ill also come bundled with educational apps along with a host of parental controls. Targeted at children aged 6 to 11 years old, the Tabeo e2 will be available for purchase come October for a somewhat affordable price of $149.RELATED
- iPads Still Popular Amongst Enterprise Users
- Samsung Reportedly Working On Flexible Tablet Displays With Stylus Support
- Luna Delivery Service Will Deliver Packages At Night When You're Actually Home
- iPad Air Leads Tablets During Holiday Weekend
- Applebee's Installing Nearly 100,000 Tablets On Its Tables In 2014
- Follow: toys r us,
- Seen at: androidcentral