We’ve been keeping a close eye on Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag ever since it was announced earlier this year. Since its reveal, Ubisoft has been steadily releasing new information regarding the game, and today, they take a closer at what it was like to build their first next-generation open world game.
The trailer showcases just how improved Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag’s technology is running on next-generation platforms, such as the games’ Sea Engine, Weather System, ambient lighting as well as what the team had to go through in order to make boarding an enemy ship an easy transition. One of the last pieces of tech highlighted in this video is the game’s foliage, which I personally experienced for myself during my preview of the game.
Ubisoft usually puts a ton of work behind its Assassin’s Creed games, but having to build a game that takes advantage of next-generation platforms is one that we could only assume was extremely difficult. After watching the latest trailer for Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag, we hope it allows you to appreciate all of the work that was put into delivering this kind of experience on next-generation platforms. We’re sure it’ll be hard to do so while you’re playing the game, but at least give it some recognition by watching this video.RELATED
- Skyrim Mod Turns Dragons Into Thomas The Tank Engine Trains
- The Elder Scrolls Online Launches On PC, Mac On April 4, 2014
- Rayman Legends Headed To Mac On Dec. 12 For $20
- Xbox One Mod Makes It Possible To Play With PS4, 360, PS3 Controllers
- Peggle 2 Xbox One Launch Trailer Is Filled With Masters, Multiplayer, Trials
- Follow: assassin's creed 4, ubisoft,