Valve has talked a lot in the past about shifting PC gaming to living rooms, it has now launched a new teaser website which promises three separate announcements related to such a shift. Right now, the website contains a countdown clock for the first announcement, its counting down until 10 a.m. PT on September 23rd. Clocks for the remaining announcements haven’t been added as yet.
Is it possible that Valve might finally be making a Steam Box related announcement? This was first reported a few days ago, when Valve co-founder Gabe Newell referred to Linux as the “future of gaming” at LinuxCon 2013. He also said that the company will reveal more information about the opportunities it sees for bringing Linux to the living room, next week. A representative for Valve reiterated that they’ll be talking about the steps they’re taking to make Steam more accessible on TVs and in the living room. Valve says on its teaser website that this year it has been working on more ways to “connect the dots for customers who want Steam in the living room,” it also says that soon “we’ll be adding you to our design process.” We’re certainly curious how Valve intends to include users in the design process, hopefully it’ll explain in detail come Monday.
- 2014-04-16: Wolfenstein: The New Order Pre-Order Bonuses Includes TF2 Items And DOOM Beta Access
- 2014-04-16: 36.9% Of Games Bought On Steam Never Get Played [Study]
- 2014-04-03: Half-Life 2 Reimagined With Unreal Engine Looks Gorgeous
- 2014-03-25: Valve's "Free To Play" Documentary Garners 5.5 Million Views
- 2014-03-19: Valve's DotA 2 "Free To Play" Documentary Is Now Available For Viewing
- 2014-03-17: Developers Reveal That Most Gamers Do Not Finish Their Games
- 2014-03-14: Valve Unveils Latest Steam Controller Design
- 2014-03-02: Steam Family Sharing Now Available For Everyone