Vuzix and NTT DoCoMo will team up at CEATEC 2013 that is set to happen next week, where they will let the curious masses check out the M100 smart glasses. That would certainly give the folks over at Google something to think about, wouldn’t you say so? The M100 smart glasses is set to roll out later in the year, so to have it featured at Japan’s biggest electronics show makes us wish that CEATEC 2013 would start tomorrow so that we can lay our hands on it.
Vuzix President and CEO Paul Travers said, “We’re very excited to have our M100 featured by NTT DoCoMo at the largest electronics show in Japan. Over the years we have built a growing presence in Japan and we are pleased to have a developer and customer relationship now with the largest mobile service provider in Japan, NTT DoCoMo. Both Vuzix and NTT DoCoMo believe the smart glasses market in Japan has the potential to develop into a multi-billion dollar opportunity for the providers of wearable tech hardware, software, and of course network operators.”
It would be interesting to see just what kind of apps that the folks over at NTT DoCoMo would have come up with, and whether the M100 will be able to break out from just being a potential hit in the Japan market alone. [Press Release]
- 2013-10-03 TDK Heat-Assisted Magnetic Recording Boosts HDD Capacity (HAMR)
- 2013-10-03 Mitsubishi Car Display System Sports Free Form Screen
- 2013-10-03 This Nissin Cup Noodle Has Touched The Allspark!
- 2013-10-03 NTT docomo Showcases Dragon Quest Metal Slime Smartphone
- 2013-10-03 Mazda Shakin’ Racer App Gives Your Arm A Workout
- 2013-09-30 NTT docomo’s Vuzix M100 Hands-On