Walmart today announced a new smartphone trade-in program. Customers who trade-in their old smartphones will be immediately given credit that can be put towards the purchase of a new smartphone. Over 3,600 Walmart outlets and Sam’s Club locations across the U.S. are participating in this program. Immediate credit will range between $50 to $300 and will be offered for more than 100 different smartphones. The device’s condition will definitely be a huge factor in determining the amount of credit. Walmart provides an example, a working non-damaged iPhone 5 will net the customer $300. For Galaxy S3 and Galaxy S2 in working and non-damaged condition, Walmart will provide $175 and $52 in credit respectively.
Customers just have to take in their smartphone to a participating location and answer a few simple and unbiased questions about the device’s specifications and conditions. The credit can only be applied towards the purchase of a new smartphone, either with a new two year contract or a smartphone that’s available with a prepaid plan. Walmart’s trade-in program kicks off on September 21st, a day after Apple is expected to release the new iPhones. Apple recently started its very own trade-in program at retail stores across the U.S., it too offers immediate credit that can be used to purchase a new iPhone.
Next Story: BMW i8 Debuts At Frankfurt Motor Show
- 2014-04-17 Walmart Launches A Money Transfer Service
- 2014-03-18 Walmart Video Game Trade-In Puts GameStop At Risk
- 2013-12-10 Walmart To Sell iPhone 5s And iPhone 5c With No Contract Plans
- 2013-10-24 iPad Air Price At Walmart Will Be $479
- 2013-10-01 Gold iPhone 5 Stickers Apparently A Hot Ticket Item In China
- 2013-09-29 iPhone 5s Paint Peeling Off Issue Reported
- 2013-09-26 iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16 iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13 The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2013-01-08 Walmart And Straight Talk Carrying iPhone 5, iPhone 4 Starting Jan 11