Apple has been pretty dominating when it comes to consumer electronics as well as mastering the art of retail space, but this does not mean that other companies are not in with a shout. No sir, so far, there has been pretty good reports about the Microsoft Store experience, which is a good thing to hear. Having said that, the Windows Phone app has just picked up an update that will bring a slew of new changes, bumping up the version number to 2.2 along the way. Some of the new features and changes made to the Windows Phone app include the requirement of Microsoft Account to book appointments, the introduction of a new Business Consultation appointment type, the ability to synchronize appointments with those made online or at a store, an improved search experience including history, a recent pane that shows off recently viewed products, as well as the ability to compare both products side-by-side. Not only that, one is also able to enjoy support for scanning QR codes now, accompanied by a richer home pane content.
Not exactly what one would classify it to be a major overhaul, but it does add its fair share of features to the mix. For instance, if you want to purchase some hardware and have a couple of models in mind, a side-by-side comparison would go a long way in ensuring that such a thing happens in front of you for an easier decision making process.
Next Story: T-Mobile Ad Draws Flak Over Alleged False Claims
- 2014-04-18: Advertisers Reportedly Spending More Money On Bing Now
- 2014-04-17: Is Steve Ballmer Using An iPhone Now? (Debunked & Updated)
- 2014-04-17: 5 Million Xbox One Consoles Shipped To Date
- 2014-04-17: Cortana Is Off-Limits To Users Aged Below 13 Years Old
- 2014-04-17: Xbox Music Update For Windows Phone 8.1 Coming Next Week
- 2014-04-16: Users Report Cortana Having Problems Setting Alarms
- 2014-04-15: WP 8.1 GDR2 Update Could Support 2K Displays And Snapdragon 805 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-14: Windows Phone 8.1 Preview Version Revealed
- 2014-04-14: Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview Could Be Released Today [Rumor]