Come 26th of September, it is likely that Nokia will unveil the Nokia Lumia 1520, and at the same time it has been speculated that the Windows Phone 8 GDR3 update will be announced alongside it as well. While the update will be announced then, when will it begin to make its way onto Windows Phone devices, or when can we see Windows Phone devices sporting the update along with new hardware? Well according to Telstra’s website, it is expected that the update could be submitted for testing around late November, suggesting a possible December release, if not later.
Telstra is an Australian carrier and the website notes that the update was for the HTC 8X, which in Australia, was given a pass over the GDR2 update in favor of GDR3. It is unclear if this November date is for a general release or for the Australian market, but either way if the dates are accurate, we guess we have a rough time frame in which to look forward to the update. Either way we’ll keep our eyes peeled for more info, so check back with us at a later date for more info!
Next Story: Nokia Looking For Alternative "Phablet" Names
- 2014-04-23 Microsoft States Their Commitment To Qualcomm's Hardware
- 2014-04-22 Over 1 Million Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview Installs Estimated
- 2014-04-18 WhatsApp Beta For Windows Phone Reportedly Blocking SD Card Installation
- 2014-04-17 Cortana Is Off-Limits To Users Aged Below 13 Years Old
- 2014-04-16 Users Report Cortana Having Problems Setting Alarms