The Xbox One is set to be released on November 22 across 13 different regions, which just so happens to be the same exact day the Xbox 360 launched in North America back in 2005. If you were one of those lucky enough to have pre-ordered the Xbox 360, you probably know too well just how scarce they were to find at its launch. Microsoft executive Phil Spencer wants to make sure those who didn’t pre-order the Xbox One will still be able to get one come launch day.
Spencer told Game Informer Microsoft will be managing the stock of its Xbox One in order to fulfill pre-order requests as well as leaving some available for those who are looking to pick one up on November 22. “You want people to be able to walk in the store and buy one on day one, so you’re trying to manage the inventory that isn’t pre-sold,” Spencer said during the interview. “It’s not a yield problem, it’s us trying to manage the hardware side. I want parents who don’t think about preordering electronics to be able to walk in and have a chance to find a box. There might be a line, but I don’t want it to be that if you didn’t preorder in September, you can’t get one. That doesn’t feel like a great consumer experience.”
If you’re still on the fence whether or not you’ll be picking up an Xbox One when it’s released, you can rest a little bit easier as Microsoft will be doing their best to keep their consoles in stock so you can pick it up whenever you feel it’s the right time to do so.
- 2014-04-14: Titanfall Sales In The UK Up By 220% After Xbox 360 Version
- 2014-04-11: Titanfall For Xbox 360 Will Not Be Coming To Games On Demand
- 2014-04-07: GoPro Channel Xbox 360 App Release Tomorrow
- 2014-04-06: Xbox 360 Emulation On Xbox One Mulled
- 2014-04-06: Titanfall For Xbox 360 Will Be A "True Experience"
- 2013-12-12: Call Of Duty: Ghosts Wolf DLC Releasing Today On Xbox One, 360
- 2013-12-09: Titanfall Debuts Ogre, Stryder Titan Classes In New Trailers
- 2013-11-18: Minecraft Xbox 360 Save File Transfers To Xbox One Currently In Development
- 2013-10-30: Titanfall Completely Exclusive To Xbox One, Xbox 360, PC; Sequel May Not Be
- 2013-10-29: Halo: Spartan Assault Headed To Xbox One, Xbox 360 This December