We had reported earlier that Microsoft could announce the Xbox One’s availability date later today, and sure enough they have. A tweet by Microsoft’s Xbox Social Marketing Manager, Graeme Boyd, has revealed that the console will see a release on the 22nd of November. According to the tweet, “Official: Xbox One launch date is November 22, 2013 (UK, Eire, Austria, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, US, CAN, MEX, BRA, AUS, NZ)” This launch puts the Xbox One a week after the release of the Sony PlayStation 4 which will see a release on the 15th of November, but we guess it’s still within the November time frame and better late than never, right? It had been previously rumored that the console would see a release on the 8th of November, but that launch date rumor was quickly debunked. In any case if you’re still unsure if the Xbox One is the console for you, be sure to check out our hands-on review which will hopefully give you a better idea of what kind of system you will be buying into. The Xbox One is currently priced at $499 and will come bundled with the Kinect sensor.
- 2014-04-10: Skype For Xbox One Getting Update Next Week
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One YouTube App Will Now Support Uploads
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements
- 2014-04-06: Xbox 360 Emulation On Xbox One Mulled
- 2014-04-06: Microsoft Reportedly Working On New Xbox One Controller Update
- 2014-04-06: Support For Xbox One External Game Storage Coming Soon
- 2014-04-04: Xbox One Security Flaw Discovered By 5-Year Old