While the upcoming Microsoft Xbox One will not be supporting external hard drives at the start, gamers might be pleased to learn that the console will play nicely with up to 8 controllers at once. This is probably good news for gamers who plan to host many gaming parties at their home, or who would at the very least like the option should they choose to do that. This was confirmed on the official Xbox One product page.
At the moment the Xbox 360 will play nicely with up to four controllers at once, while Sony’s PlayStation 3 will support to seven controllers. Sony has yet to confirm how many controllers the upcoming PlayStation 4 will support at once, but we can imagine it will probably be around the same as the PS3 since it wouldn’t make sense to move backwards.
The Xbox One will launch with one controller and gamers will be able to purchase additional controllers at $59 each once they are made available in stores. At this point in time there’s no word on when Microsoft will announce the Xbox One’s release date, but it is expected to see a release in November.
- 2014-04-23 Xbox One For Japan Launches On 4th September
- 2014-04-21 Phil Spencer Admits More Needs To Be Done For The Xbox One
- 2014-04-17 Titanfall On Xbox One Is Top Selling Title
- 2014-04-17 5 Million Xbox One Consoles Shipped To Date
- 2014-04-17 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Indefinitely Delayed And Possibly Cancelled For The Xbox One