There are some gaming titles that are classified as surefire blockbusters, while others might not be so commercially successful, but are deemed to be classics that need to be played at least once in your lifetime. I will leave it to you as to how you want to categorize XCOM: Enemy Unknown, considering it proved to be one of the most uniquely compelling games that rolled out last year, but unfortunately, the DLC (downloadable content) for this game has been deemed to be just “too big” for consoles.
The soon to arrive DLC, known as Enemy Within, will comprise of a ton of upgrades and content, where among them includes new unit types and even skill alterations. This would mean a total re-release of the game, which is why we are due to check out the special Commander’s Edition. This particular edition will boast of the original game, Slingshot and Elite Soldier add-ons, as well as the Enemy Within expansion. If you are interested in just purchasing the DLC, it will be available on the PC and Mac platforms for $30 a pop.
Firaxis Games senior producer Garth DeAngelis said, “For the expansion on the PC, it was fairly straightforward. But when it came to the consoles, it was too big. If we wanted to deliver the same content to the console players, we had to do it this way as a standalone expansion on a disc. We couldn’t simply just patch it in.”
Next Story: DICE+ Is Now Available
- 2014-03-26: Call Of Duty: Ghosts Gold Edition Spotted
- 2014-03-26: Battlefield 4 Naval Strike DLC For Xbox One And PC Delayed
- 2014-02-05: Assassin’s Creed 4 Freedom Cry DLC Will Be A Standalone Release Soon
- 2014-02-05: Call Of Duty: Ghosts Onslaught DLC Pack Coming To PS4, PS3 And Windows PC This February 27
- 2013-12-10: Assassin's Creed 4 Receives First DLC Today