We have heard rumors about how Apple could be developing a larger iPad, with a rumor earlier this year suggesting a 12.9” display with the device being referred to as the iPad Maxi. It’s not the most elegant name and it was merely a rumor, but now with Apple’s 64-bit A7 chipset reportedly bringing desktop class performance to mobile devices, new rumors have emerged about Apple’s alleged larger iPad. According to Ben A. Reitzes, an analyst at Barclays Capital, he suggests that this larger iPad could actually be more of a laptop rather than a tablet.
Reitzes states that the tablet could either come with a keyboard built-in, similar to Windows 8 laptops that are part tablet part laptop, or they could come with detachable keyboards, similar to what Microsoft is doing with their Surface tablets. According to Reitzes, he believes that this alleged device will pull in more revenue for Apple, could cost $650 and would bring in 35% margins. We have heard of rumors on how future MacBooks could sport touchscreen displays, and we have seen concepts, but nothing at the moment seems to suggest that this is a reality, versus wishful thinking, so take it with a grain of salt for now.
Next Story: Panasonic To Exit Plasma TV Market In March 2014
- 2014-04-16: Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad