Last month Apple finally announced its two new smartphones, the iPhone 5s and the iPhone 5c. Both smartphones were initially released in a select number of markets, which included the U.S., China, Japan, Australia, Singapore and a number of countries in Europe. With the initial launch frenzy taken care of in these markets, the company has now decided to detail launch plans for the new iPhones in other markets. Come October 25th, the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c will be available in 30 additional countries.
Quite a lot of these new countries are located in Europe, while Taiwan, Thailand and Macau make the list as well. South Korea is on it as well, it will be interesting to see how both smartphones perform there, given the fact that it is the home turf of Apple’s biggest rival, Samsung. Expansion of international availability doesn’t stop after October 25th. On November 1st, the new iPhones will become available in as many as 16 countries, including the UAE, India, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Mexico and Malaysia. Pricing will obviously vary in different countries, though it can be said without a doubt that iPhone aficionados in those countries will be stoked about the official launch of iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c in their respective nations.
- 2014-04-22: iOS 7.1.1 Update Brings Touch ID Improvements
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-03: Galaxy S5 Versus iPhone 5s In Biometrics Test
- 2014-03-17: Asphaleia Jailbreak Tweak Lets You Use Touch ID To Protect Your Apps
- 2014-03-13: iPhone 5c's Disappointing Performance Seen In China As Well
- 2014-03-09: iPhone 5s Continues To Grow As iPhone 5c Lags Behind
- 2014-03-03: iPhone 5s Retains Consumer Interest As iPhone 5c Struggles
- 2014-01-29: iOS 7.0.5 For iPhone 5s And iPhone 5c Released
- 2014-01-27: Unlocked iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c Sale From Virgin Mobile