It had been suggested in the past the ASUS could be responsible for the new Nexus 10 despite Google allegedly confirming that the next-gen Nexus 10 would be made by Samsung again. In any case thanks to a recent photo released by @evleaks, it has been suggested that ASUS/Google could be getting closer to launching the device. This is based on a screenshot which is allegedly from a retailer based in the UK, indicating that retailers are probably getting ready to stock the device and have it ready for sale in the near future. Unfortunately apart from that, not much else is known about the upcoming device and a specific launch date has not yet been given.
It is interesting that Google has decided to move away from Samsung as the manufacturer of the Nexus 10, especially given that Samsung has probably been one of the most active as far as churning out Android tablets are concerned, with the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition being the company’s latest offering, but perhaps Google is hoping to recreate the same success they have experienced with ASUS and the Nexus 7, which could explain why they dropped Samsung in favor of the Taiwanese company. Either way we’ll keep our eyes peeled for more info, so check back with us at a later date for updates!
- 2014-04-10: ASUS Transformer Book T100 Receives CPU Upgrade
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-27: AT&T Details ASUS PadFone X Specifications
- 2014-03-24: ASUS ZenFone 6, 5, And 4 To Be Released In April
- 2014-03-23: ASUS PadFone X Spotted At The FCC
- 2013-09-20: More Evidence That ASUS Could Be Making The New Nexus 10
- 2013-09-19: Nex-gen Nexus 10 Tablet Could Be Made By ASUS
- 2013-08-09: New Nexus 10 Expected To Be Manufactured By ASUS [Rumor]