It seems that AT&T, over on their support forums, have shed some more light (some might even call it a confirmation) that the Windows Phone 8 GDR2 operating system update as well as its accompanying Amber firmware from Nokia is ready to rock and roll for both the Nokia Lumia 820 and Lumia 920 smartphones. The estimated time of arrival for the GDR2 update? Well, it has been slated for October 10th – which is basically tomorrow. Of course, one ought to be careful with such news, as there has been no official AT&T or Nokia press release to reflect this news, but a Community Manager did post up such information that you can read below.
AT&T has completed testing the Nokia Lumia 820/920 Windows Phone software update on our network. We expect Microsoft to make the update available beginning 10/10. When the software update is available for you to download, Windows Phone will notify you so you can download it directly over a Wi-Fi connection. We appreciate your patience.
It does sound like the real deal, but as usual, until there is an official press release or announcement, we will just have to take this with a grain of salt. A small grain this time around, of course.RELATED
- Evernote For iOS Updated, Now Able To Scan Business Cards And Save As Contacts
- India Courts Allows Nokia To Transfer Chennai Factory Assets To Microsoft
- Cover Lock Screen App For Android Now Available For Download
- Batman Tumbler iPhone Case Comes With Built-In LED Projector
- FCC And Wireless Carriers Arrive On A Cellphone Unlocking Agreement
- Follow: amber update, at&t, lumia 820, Lumia 920,
- Seen at: wpcentral