The dust must have settled already when it comes to the iPad Air’s release as well as its smaller brother, the iPad mini which will be equipped with a Retina display. We have already heard announcements from Sprint and T-Mobile concerning their carrying of the new iPad Air, with the latter offering free data under certain plans, too. Well, it is now AT&T’s turn to step up to the plate with the announcement that they too, will offer the iPad Air with Wi-Fi + Cellular this coming November 1, and the iPad mini with Retina display with Wi-Fi + Cellular will hit their stores later in the same month.
Ralph de la Vega, president & CEO, AT&T Mobility, shared, “Each year, more of our customers want iPad to connect to our mobile internet. We offer the nation’s fastest and most reliable 4G LTE network, and are giving our customers the most flexible plans to connect to that network.”
We sure hope that Vega’s right about network reliability, as I am quite sure that there are always some blind spots in certain areas, no matter how good a provider is. Well, back to the topic at hand – data plans for these new iPads will include AT&T Mobile Share, where you are able to add a tablet to a sharable bucket of data for $10 monthly, settle for pay-per-use plans which range from a 250MB day pass for $5 to a 30-day, 5GB pass for $50. [Press Release]
- 2014-04-17: Refurbished Retina iPad Mini Now Available Online
- 2014-03-31: iPad Air & iPad mini With LTE Hits China At Last
- 2014-03-25: New York Times’ iPad Air Ad Juxtaposed Against MH370 News, Causes Embarrassment
- 2014-03-24: Refurbished iPad Air Available From The Online Apple Store
- 2014-03-18: CruxENCORE Turns Your iPad Air Into A Laptop
- 2014-02-10: Insurer Brands iPad Mini As 'World's Most Breakable Gadget'
- 2013-12-12: Apple's iPads Account For Six Spots In Japan's Top 10 Tablet List
- 2013-12-08: Lady Picks Up “New” iPad Air, Brings Home Demo Model Instead
- 2013-11-14: AT&T And Verizon's Retina iPad Mini With Cellular Backordered As Far As 28 Days