BBM for Android and iOS was meant to be released a few weeks ago, but due to technical reasons, BlackBerry decided to pull the app only hours after it hit the app stores. It was expected that the app would be released shortly after the little hiccup, but a few weeks later and we still have yet to hear word about its release. We had heard that the app was being seeded as a beta to Android beta testers, so presumably a release was imminent, and now according to BlackBerry’s CMO, the app’s release is expected “within days”.
Naturally a specific date was not mention, but hopefully “within days” would mean that the app would be released sometime later this week. According to BlackBerry’s CMO, he expects that the app would be have addressed the issues that plagued the original app prior to its release. As it stands those who were quick enough to download the app prior to it being pulled are able to use it as per normal, but for those who weren’t as quick, we guess you will be able to get your chance later this week. In any case we’ll definitely keep our eyes and ears peeled for more info regarding the release, so be sure to check back with us at a later date for the details.
- 2014-04-04: BBM Stickers Selling Pretty Well On iOS Devices
- 2014-04-01: New BBM Update With Stickers And More Released
- 2014-03-30: BBM For Windows Phone Coming In Q2
- 2014-03-28: BlackBerry Boasts 85 Million Monthly Active BBM Users
- 2014-03-28: BlackBerry Could Consider Bringing BBM To Desktops
- 2014-03-18: Talk2Watch Pro Brings BBM Notifications Onto Pebble
- 2014-03-09: Customizable BBM PINs Could Be A Paid Feature
- 2014-03-06: BBM PINs Could Be Customizable In The Future