For a while now, HTC and Beats Audio have had a relationship in which the handset manufacturer will incorporate Beats Audio technology into their phones, and in some cases even bundle Beats Audio headphones with their devices. However recently Beats Audio bought back HTC’s stake in their company for $265 million and we’re sure some of you guys are wondering if this signifies an end to the partnership between HTC and Beats. Well the good news is that if you liked the Beats Audio integration, you will be pleased to hear that according to Beats Electronics’ president and COO, Luke Wood, the company still has a 25% investment in HTC and confirmed that Beats Audio technology will make it into HTC’s upcoming “large-format device”.
This device has been rumored to be the HTC One Max which is essentially a phablet version of the HTC One. However apart from this, Wood declined to comment as to whether future HTC devices will see Beats Audio incorporation, instead stating that they have learnt some great things with their cooperation with the handset manufacturer. What do you guys think? Anyone else disappointed that future HTC devices may no longer see Beats Audio? Or do you think it was all hype and marketing gimmicks anyway?
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-04-08: HTC M8 Ace Leaked
- 2014-04-07: Your HTC One M8 Can Be Coverted Into A Google Play Edition
- 2014-04-06: Mysterious HTC 0PAJ3 Spotted On AnTuTu Benchmarks
- 2014-04-03: HTC One M8 Developer Edition Price To Increase Tomorrow
- 2013-11-27: HTC One Max Review
- 2013-10-17: HTC One Max Will Not Be Headed To Canada
- 2013-10-16: HTC Comments On One Max's Fingerprint Security
- 2013-10-08: HTC One Max Confirmed To Get Fingerprint Scanner, Says WSJ
- 2013-10-08: HTC Sends Out Invites For 16th/18th October Event In Hong Kong And Taiwan