It does seem as though Microsoft’s Bing has just received a spanking new speech recognition control as well as an updated Bing OCR and Translator controls. The new Bing Speech Recognition Control for Windows 8 and 8.1 have been released, where it will be accompanied by updates to the Bing Optical Character Recognition Control for Windows 8.1 as well as Bing Translator Control for Windows 8.1, where it would allow developers to be more knowledgeable, natural, and aware applications. Speech Recognition for Windows 8.0 and 8.1 would mean you will be able to simply speak to your handset for a truly hands-free experience. This lets you interact more naturally with your devices to dictate emails, look for the latest news, and navigate through your apps among others.
- 2014-04-10: Microsoft Updates Bing Windows Phone Apps, Removes "Bing" From Their Titles, Too
- 2014-04-08: Bing Flight Price Predictor Shuts Down
- 2014-03-19: Bing Shows Off Travel Time And Mileage For Driving Directions
- 2014-03-13: Bing Image Match Announced
- 2014-03-04: Bing Saves Public Beta Launched
- 2014-02-27: Windows 8.1 With Bing Could Be Attempt At Free Windows Offer