We have heard the rumors that BlackBerry could be gearing up to launch a Porsche version of the BlackBerry Z10, which could be known as the Porsche P’9882, the successor to Porsche P’9881 that was unveiled a couple of years ago. We have seen photos leaked but to date there has not been an official announcement and we’re not sure why, which we found rather odd given that there was a series of leaks and rumors but suddenly it all stopped. Well apparently during a recent event that was held at the Dubai Mall with Mercedes F1 driver, Lewis Hamilton, information about the device was leaked and word on the street has it that BlackBerry could be holding another event on the 20th of November at which the Porsche P’9882 will be launched.
While the specs of the device are merely rumored and speculated, word has it that it will be more or less the BlackBerry Z10 albeit with a different look and theme that will be in line with Porsche Design. In any case we’ll definitely be keeping our eyes and ears peeled for more information regarding the P’9882, but for those interested, expect to pay at least $2,000 for it because that’s how much its predecessor cost and we don’t expect the P’9882 to cost any less either.
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry Will Shift Focus To High-End QWERTY Handsets
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Security Patches For iOS And Android BBM Apps To Prevent Heartbleed Exploits
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Pushing For Immediate Ban Of Typo Keyboard Sales
- 2014-04-13: BlackBerry Windermere Concept Case Renders Surface
- 2013-11-11: BlackBerry Porsche Design P'9882 Gets Hands-On Video Treatment