It is no secret that Blizzard has been working on a DotA-like game for a while now which has been known as Blizzard All-Stars, at least until recently where the developer released a short trailer (check it out in the video above) in which they reintroduce the game as, Heroes of the Storm. The trademark for “Heroes of the Storm” was filed for a couple of weeks ago, and we guess that the name is now used for Blizzard’s upcoming MOBA, although previously some speculated that it could be the name for an upcoming World of Warcraft expansion.
The original game has been teased for quite a while now and we have not heard much from Blizzard about its features, or seen screenshots, or when we might see a release. However with this renaming of the game and the teaser trailer that was released with it, hopefully Blizzard will be able to share some concrete details come BlizzCon 2013 which will be taking place in November. As it stands there are a couple of games similar in style, such as the original DotA, League of Legends, and Valve’s DotA 2, so it will be interesting to see how well-received Heroes of the Storm will be. What do you guys think?
Next Story: Nexus 5 Makes An Appearance On Google Play
- 2014-04-16: Warlords Of Draenor Might Not Require You To Upgrade Your Computer
- 2014-04-11: Blizzard Unveils New Heroes Of The Storm Characters
- 2014-04-11: World Of Warcraft's Choppers Are About To Be Made A Reality
- 2014-04-08: Blizzard Files For Overwatch Trademark
- 2014-04-08: Warlords Of Draenor New Tauren Animations Shown Off
- 2013-12-26: Heroes Of The Storm Gameplay Footage Released
- 2013-11-08: Heroes Of The Storm Is Official With Cinematic And Gameplay Trailers
- 2013-10-25: Blizzard's Heroes Of The Storm Name Already Trademarked In EU