We spotted some images online that leaked Call of Duty: Ghosts’ Extinction mode yesterday, but shortly after that leak, Activision and Infinity Ward decided to let the flood gates open and let the world know exactly what is going on in this new game mode. Not only did they release details on Extinction mode, but also a trailer showing it off, which you can check out for yourself above.
Call of Duty: Ghosts’ Extinction Mode is a 4-player co-operative game mode that allows 1 to 4 players to fight against hordes of aliens as they set out to destroy alien hives. Players will be able to choose from one of four distinct player classes, each of which compliment one another’s abilities. Just like the series’ Zombies mode, players will try to survive as long as they can, with Extinction ending once all four players die.
Extinction Mode not only has you attempting to destroy alien hives, but you’ll also be scavenging for resources as well as allowing players to level up as they play through the mode. It’s not clear if progress through Extinction Mode and Ghosts’ other multiplayer modes will share experience points, but we’ll probably find that out closer to Call of Duty: Ghosts’ release.
- 2014-04-15: Snoop Dogg Featured In Call Of Duty: Ghosts' Voice Pack
- 2014-04-04: Call Of Duty: Ghosts - Devastation Launch Screens Detail Predator
- 2014-03-31: Call Of Duty: Ghosts Devastation Gameplay Trailer Released
- 2014-03-26: Call Of Duty: Ghosts Gold Edition Spotted
- 2014-02-20: Call Of Duty: Ghosts Will Be Free To Play On Steam This Weekend
- 2013-11-11: Call Of Duty Companion App Released For iOS, Android, Windows
- 2013-11-06: Call Of Duty: Ghosts Recycles Modern Warfare 2 Cutscene [Video]
- 2013-11-06: Call Of Duty: Ghosts PS4 Reportedly Suffers From Frame Rate Issues
- 2013-11-06: Call Of Duty: Ghosts Retail Sales Reach $1 Billion In Just One Day
- 2013-10-31: Call Of Duty: Ghosts Requires 3GB Install On Xbox 360