We spotted some images online that leaked Call of Duty: Ghosts’ Extinction mode yesterday, but shortly after that leak, Activision and Infinity Ward decided to let the flood gates open and let the world know exactly what is going on in this new game mode. Not only did they release details on Extinction mode, but also a trailer showing it off, which you can check out for yourself above.
Call of Duty: Ghosts’ Extinction Mode is a 4-player co-operative game mode that allows 1 to 4 players to fight against hordes of aliens as they set out to destroy alien hives. Players will be able to choose from one of four distinct player classes, each of which compliment one another’s abilities. Just like the series’ Zombies mode, players will try to survive as long as they can, with Extinction ending once all four players die.
Extinction Mode not only has you attempting to destroy alien hives, but you’ll also be scavenging for resources as well as allowing players to level up as they play through the mode. It’s not clear if progress through Extinction Mode and Ghosts’ other multiplayer modes will share experience points, but we’ll probably find that out closer to Call of Duty: Ghosts’ release.RELATED
- Microsoft Provides Helpful Tips For Navigating The Xbox One Interface
- GTA Online Content Creator Captured In YouTube Video
- Atlus Reveals Persona 5 With Winter 2014 Release Date For Japan
- Microsoft Highlights Future Xbox One Games In 3-Minute Montage
- Infamous: Second Son Releasing On PlayStation 4 March 21, 2014
- Follow: activision, call of duty, call of duty: ghosts,