Back in March CBS launched a new app for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. The app allowed users to watch full episodes of a number of daytime, primetime and late night TV shows on their iOS device, through streaming. By releasing this app, the network joined the likes of ABC and NBC, who have offered a streaming app to their customers for quite some time. After initially rolling out the app only for iOS, CBS is now going multiplatform. The network has released the CBS app for Android and Windows 8.
Shows such as The Big Bang Theory, The Late Show with David Letterman and NCIS will all be available for streaming on your Android, iOS or Windows 8 device. Through the app, users will be able to view all episodes of CBS’s new and returning primetime shows eight days after their initial broadcast on the network. Late night shows will be available for streaming after only 24 hours of the initial broadcast. That’s not all, the network has also said that it plans to bring the app over to the BlackBerry 10 platform by the end of this year. The official CBS app for Android is available now from Google Play Store and for Windows 8 from the Windows Store.
- 2013-11-17: CBS To Stream Four Days Of Its 1963 Kennedy Assassination Live Coverage
- 2013-10-06: CBS App For Android And Windows 8 Released
- 2013-04-21: 60 Minutes And Two Other CBS Twitter Accounts Hacked
- 2012-11-05: Hulu's Going to Get CBS Television Shows
- 2011-08-22: Watch this year's US Open Tennis Championships in 3D
- 2011-02-23: Netflix to offer the original Star Trek series for streaming