There is an abundance of rumors about future Apple products, but this latest rumor makes predictions about display changes that the company is expected to make in a number of its devices. This is actually the first rumor of its kind that tackles different products and hints at display changes for all of them. The rumor isn’t obviously substantiated by any real evidence, so a grain of salt is definitely advised before taking in this information.
ETNews of Korea reports that next year, Apple will move the iPhones to displays that are larger than 5 inches. It further claims that iPads will be diversified into base and premium models based on their display size, with the rumored 12.9 inch iPad being released next year. Retina Display for iPad mini has been rumored as well, the report says it’ll come next year, while previous rumors suggest that a Retina Display touting iPad mini may launch around this holiday season this year. A number of Apple products are expected to come with OLED displays in 2014, including its hotly anticipated iWatch smartwatch, which has already been rumored to use flexible OLEDs. The MacBooks are said to use more power-efficient LED displays. Its too soon to say how many of these changes will be witnessed in future Apple devices, particularly those that are going to be released next year.
- 2014-04-16: Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2013-11-07: Apple's Sapphire Manufacturing Partner Hints At Bigger Plans
- 2012-06-18: Apple airs new iPad commercial highlighting the advantages of Retina display
- 2012-03-05: Retina display spotted in iPad 3 event banner
- 2011-11-22: iPad 3 will be thinner, sports Retina Display
- 2011-10-31: iPad 3 will not get any Retina Display