When it comes to playing games while you are on the go, the days of when you were limited to just the Game Boy are long gone. Since then, we have had the likes of the Nintendo DS, Nintendo 3DS and its variants, as well as all generations of the Sony PSP in addition to the PS VIta. Smartphones these days have also gotten powerful enough to run fantastic looking games with enough depth in them, but for those who want something out of the ordinary, here we are with the Gameduino 2, which happens to be a Kickstarter project which delivers a kit that transforms an Arduino board into a portable gaming device.
The developer hopes to raise the intended amount of dough over on Kickstarter, and hope to be able to ship the first units this coming December (making it arrive in time for the Christmas season, we would presume) for folks who have decided to pledge at least $59 to the Gameduino 2’s cause. The Gameduino 2 is not the first of its kind, as this new model is a wee bit more powerful than its predecessor, and is also full well capable of handling most of the games that you see are available on Android and iOS devices. Other specifications of the Gameduino 2 include a 4.3” 480 x 272 resolution TFT touchscreen display, an a-axis accelerometer, headphone output, and a microSD memory card slot for expansion purposes.
Next Story: Mozilla Introduces Firefox OS 1.1
- 2014-04-11 Micro 3D Printer Kickstarter Hits The $2 Million Mark In 3 Days
- 2014-04-10 Pocket Printer Kickstarter Project Lets You Print On The Go
- 2014-04-09 CommBadge Bluetooth Wearable Device Lets You Interact With Siri/Google Now Hands-Free
- 2014-03-26 Gamebuino, The Arduino Handheld Console
- 2014-03-03 Arduino-Powered Business Card Lets You Play Tetris On It
- 2014-01-30 iBag Might Prevent You From Splurging When You Go Shopping
- 2013-12-16 Arduino-Powered Christmas Tree For Geeks
- 2011-12-07 Triggertrap is now up for pre-order
- 2011-09-09 Mario in a box powered by Teagueduino