When Apple first announced both the iPhone 5s as well as the iPhone 5c, I am pretty sure that they did not expect demand for the gold version of the iPhone 5s to far outstrip the other colors (silver and gray), and the supposed budget friendly iPhone 5c did not manage to capture the hearts and imagination of as many people as Apple wanted. Well, apparently word has gotten out that the gold iPhone 5s was given a nickname by some Apple employees, who have jokingly called it ‘The Kardashian Phone’. This is apparently no rumor, as it has been tweeted out by the NYT’s Nick Bilton.
Of course, one ought to bear in mind that this is far from a serious code name, as it remains nothing more than an internal joke. After all, Kim Kardashian herself seems to have a penchant for all things bling, with her owning an iPhone 5 which came in anodized gold way ahead of Apple’s iPhone 5s, as depicted in the image above. What do you think future colors of the iPhone generations will look like? Will gold be a mainstay from now on considering that it is the apparent popularity in popularity stakes to date? You can check out more of the gold iPhone 5s in Apple’s first iPhone 5s TV ad which was run earlier today.
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-03: Galaxy S5 Versus iPhone 5s In Biometrics Test
- 2014-03-17: Asphaleia Jailbreak Tweak Lets You Use Touch ID To Protect Your Apps
- 2014-03-13: iPhone 5c's Disappointing Performance Seen In China As Well