Here’s something that might make Android users a bit jealous. Google has updated its Hangouts app for iOS and has added the ability to make phone calls. The feature was first rolled out back in July, when Hangouts on the desktop received this feature. At this point in time, the only mobile devices capable of making voice calls through Hangouts are the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Seeing as how Google has now started rolling out the feature on mobile devices, it may only be a matter of time before voice calling is rolled out for Hangouts on Android.
Users have the ability to make as well as receive calls through their Google Voice number. Through the updated app, users can make free calls within the U.S. and Canada. Incoming Google Voice calls will ring through the Hangouts app and outgoing calls will go through the Voice number. Apart from this, there are a number of small updates and improvements. For example, incoming messages won’t stop music playback, the volume will only be turned down automatically before being restored to the original level. Moreover, the Hangouts iOS app is now capable of playing GIFs inline. The Hangouts app for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch is now live and available for download from the iTunes App Store.RELATED
- This App Can Turn Your Smartphone Into A 3D Scanner
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- Verizon 4G LTE Network Connectivity Improved In Selected Areas
- Assassin's Creed: Pirates Released For Android, iOS And Kindle Fire
- ASUS PadFone Mini To Launch In Taiwan Next Week
- Follow: Google, hangouts,