There is always the first time for everything in life, and Google too, is a company that does experience its fair share of firsts from time to time. In fact, strong third quarter results have seen Google’s shares soar past the $1,000 mark for the first time in the company’s history. It was not too long earlier this morning after the share market opened, that Google Inc. shares made the jump to over 12% to touch the $1,002. This is interesting, especially when you consider that the stock itself did not make it past the $928 mark in regular market trading ever since Google went public at $85 per share a good nine years back.
This could be attributed to better-than-expected third-quarter results that were reported by Google late last night. The figures reported pointed out that the company’s advertising prices continued to decline, but that is being offset by a larger number of people who happen to click on ads. I don’t know about you, but I hardly click on any of the Google Ads – how about you? And to think that some analysts were thinking that Apple was going to surpass the $1,000 mark for its stock price some months back. Oh, the irony of it all.
- 2014-04-14: Microsoft Is "Done" With The Scroogled Campaign
- 2014-04-14: Google Picks Up Titan Aerospace Before Facebook Can
- 2014-04-14: Google Search Ranking Boost For Websites With Encryption [Report]
- 2014-04-14: Reporter Assaulted For Wearing Google Glass In Public
- 2014-04-13: Surgeon Finds Google Glass Indispensable In His Work