When it comes to highly-anticipated games of 2013, Rockstar’s Grand Theft Auto V is probably high up there on the list. While Rockstar did run into slight issues with GTA Online, it did not detract from the overall experience and has been met with glowing reviews. The game has also managed to break several records and achieved some pretty insane sales figures so far, but if you’re wondering how well the game has done for itself about a month after its launch, Take-Two, Rockstar’s parent company, has revealed that GTA 5 has managed to ship 29 million units to retailers to date.
According to Take-Two’s CEO, Strauss Zelnick, “The title received stellar reviews, shattered entertainment industry records, and has already sold-in nearly 29 million units to date. The extraordinary success of Grand Theft Auto V illustrates the positive momentum in our business and consumers’ enduring appetite for the highest-quality interactive entertainment.” The game managed to net a whopping $1 billion in three days from its launch, breaking the previous record which was held by Activision’s Call of Duty: Black Ops 2. Will GTA 5 be able to hold onto the crown especially with Call of Duty: Ghosts set for release soon? We guess we will have to wait and see, but for things are looking good.
Next Story: Command & Conquer: Generals 2 Cancelled
- 2014-04-16 Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Trailer Recreated In GTA 5
- 2014-04-08 Grand Theft Auto V On PC, Xbox One And PS4 This June (Rumor)
- 2014-03-18 GTA 5 For PC Beta Test Emails Are Fake And Contain Malware
- 2014-03-02 Skyfall Train Fight Scene Created In GTA 5
- 2014-02-27 Mobster's Daughter Alleges GTA 5 Used Her Story And Likeness Without Her Permission
- 2014-02-04 Over 32 Million Copies Of Grand Theft Auto 5 Shipped
- 2014-01-22 GTA 5 For PC Listed On Amazon France And Germany's Websites
- 2014-01-20 GTA 5 For PC Revealed In Alleged Bug Reports
- 2014-01-06 Rockstar Took A Leap Of Faith With GTA 5's Three Protagonists