We knew that Rockstar’s Grand Theft Auto 5 game was a winner in terms of sales, and also reviews that we’ve come across so far, but it looks like the game has also managed to break seven Guinness World Records as well. According to the records that GTA 5 has managed to break, they have managed to achieve the “Best-selling action-adventure video game in 24 hours”, “Best-selling video game in 24 hours”, “Fastest entertainment property to gross $1 billion” (took them just three days to pull in a whopping $1 billion), “Fastest video game to gross $1 billion”, “Highest grossing video game in 24 hours”, “Highest revenue generated by an entertainment product in 24 hours”, and “Most viewed trailer for an action-adventure video game”.
Those are some pretty impressive accolades right there! The game was launched on the 17th of September and was made available simultaneously for both the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3. Presumably the game would have made more money if it had been released for the PC as well, but oddly enough Rockstar has decided to skip on a PC version of GTA 5, at least for now. There is also no word on whether Rockstar will eventually add support for next-gen consoles like the Xbox One and PlayStation 4, but for now even though it is available for two consoles, it has proven to be a massive hit.
Next Story: iPad Mini Found To Have The Fastest Touchscreen
- 2014-04-16: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Trailer Recreated In GTA 5
- 2014-04-08: Grand Theft Auto V On PC, Xbox One And PS4 This June (Rumor)
- 2014-03-18: GTA 5 For PC Beta Test Emails Are Fake And Contain Malware
- 2014-03-02: Skyfall Train Fight Scene Created In GTA 5
- 2014-02-27: Mobster's Daughter Alleges GTA 5 Used Her Story And Likeness Without Her Permission