Just a couple of weeks ago it was reported that Rockstar’s latest Grand Theft Auto 5 game has managed to rocket to the number 1 spot on the UK charts, and now according to the GI.biz, they are reporting a new milestone for the game. It seems that GTA 5 has managed to sell more since it launched three weeks ago, compared to the lifetime sales of its predecessor, GTA 4, which still makes appearances on the UK’s top 40 charts from time to time, so safe to say that this is indeed pretty darn impressive! This makes GTA 5 the 12th biggest-selling game of all time, although GI.biz did note that sales have since dropped by 34% compared to last week’s numbers, which we guess is expected since many gamers would have either pre-ordered it or bought it during its launch.
The GTA 5 title is probably one of the most anticipated titles of 2013 given how popular the GTA franchise is. The game was launched on both the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3, although oddly enough there has not been any mention of a PC launch which is odd given that previous GTA titles were launched for the PC as well. There’s no telling if PC and next-gen console support will be added at a later date, but the Xbox 360 and PS3 are the only two platforms gamers will be able to enjoy the game on for now.
- 2014-04-08: Grand Theft Auto V On PC, Xbox One And PS4 This June (Rumor)
- 2014-03-18: GTA 5 For PC Beta Test Emails Are Fake And Contain Malware
- 2014-03-02: Skyfall Train Fight Scene Created In GTA 5
- 2014-02-27: Mobster's Daughter Alleges GTA 5 Used Her Story And Likeness Without Her Permission
- 2014-02-06: Rockstar Developer Tweets Hint At GTA 5 For The PC