We have been hearing many rumors about Valve’s Half-Life 3 game for a while now, with some gamers vehemently believing that Valve was leaving them clues about the game in other games, and this is despite Valve having denied Half-Life 3 rumors. In any case the status of the game remains a complete mystery, but here’s something that should get fans pretty excited: Valve has filed for a trademark for Half-Life 3. The trademark filing was done in Europe at the Office for Harmonization in the Internal Market, essentially Europe’s trademark and designs registry.
According to the filing, the Half-Life 3 trademark is owned by Valve but was filed on behalf of the company by Casalonga & Associes, a patent and trademark firm, with the trademark covering “computer game software”, “downloadable computer game software via a global computer network and wireless devices”, and other goods and services. The trademark was filed on the 29th of September but as it stands, there is no equivalent filing in the USPTO. While this definitely looks promising, the alternative is that it does not necessarily mean that the game is in the works, but rather it could mean that Valve is trying to protect its Half-Life franchise from being used by someone else.
Either way hopefully Valve will have an official statement on the matter soon, but what do you guys think? Are you excited?
Next Story: Nissan Autonomous Drive: Hands-On!
- 2013-10-06: Half-Life 3 Trademark In Europe Has Been Removed, Possibly A Hoax
- 2013-10-02: Half-Life 3 Development Team Revealed By Accident
- 2013-08-20: Half-Life Voice Actor "Misspoke" About Half-Life 3's Status
- 2013-08-15: Half-Life 3 Not Being Worked On, According To Half-Life 2's Voice Actor
- 2013-07-26: Half-Life 3 To Be Announced In 2014? [Rumor]
- 2013-06-27: Valve Denies Half-Life 3 Rumors
- 2012-09-20: Half-Life 3 development rumored to be under way, could feature an open-world concept with RPG elements