During Microsoft’s press conference at this year’s E3, the company announced its Games with Gold program, which would allow select games to be completely free to download, as long as you’re an Xbox Live Gold subscriber. During the press conference, Microsoft promoted Assassin’s Creed 2 and Halo 3 would be one of the first games available for free through the new program. Assassin’s Creed 2 saw its time in the Games with Gold sun earlier this summer, and it looks like it’ll finally be Halo 3′s turn.
Microsoft has announced Halo 3 will be free this month for Xbox Live Gold subscribers to download, although if you’ve played video games within the past six years, we have a feeling you have probably played Halo 3 to death at this point. Either way, a free game is still a free game and we’re sure there will be a large number of people who would be glad to squeeze Halo 3 onto their hard drives, that is, if they have the space for it.
Microsoft is also making another Ubisoft title, Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes, available for free this month as part of its Games with Gold program. Not exactly an amazing offering this month, but it’s certainly one we’re sure you’ll still want to download this month.
- 2014-04-14: Titanfall Sales In The UK Up By 220% After Xbox 360 Version
- 2014-04-11: Titanfall For Xbox 360 Will Not Be Coming To Games On Demand
- 2014-04-07: GoPro Channel Xbox 360 App Release Tomorrow
- 2014-04-06: Xbox 360 Emulation On Xbox One Mulled
- 2014-04-06: Titanfall For Xbox 360 Will Be A "True Experience"
- 2013-10-29: Halo: Spartan Assault Headed To Xbox One, Xbox 360 This December
- 2013-07-08: Halo 4 Champions Bundle DLC Adds New Maps, Armor, Weapons On Aug. 20
- 2013-03-11: Halo 4 Castle Map Pack Adds 3 New Maps, 6v6 Playlist On April 8
- 2011-11-14: Halo 4 confirmed for Xbox 360
- 2011-07-23: Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary demo video released