Recharging your smartphone or tablet while you’re out and about can be quite challenging, although if you have a backup battery pack with you, things tend to be a little easier. But what if your backup battery runs out while you’re out in the wilderness with nothing on you besides a pair of tighty-whities, a lighter and a smartphone with a dead battery? Then you better hope you find a FlameStower somewhere close by as you can easily recharge your devices through the power of fire.
The FlameStower uses the heat generated from fire to recharge your cell phone, tablet or any other device that uses a USB cable to recharge itself. As you’ll see from the video above, setting up the FlameStower is pretty easy as you’ll need to prop it over a fire, fill up its small tank with water and you, my friend, will find yourself with a charging device.
FlameStower is currently seeking crowd funding through Kickstarter, which will end on October 24. If you find yourself outdoors a lot and want to use fire for more than just cooking roadkill on, then pledge at least $80 so you can get your own FlameStower when they start shipping in December.RELATED
- HBO GO Now Supports Google Chromecast Across iOS, Android, Web
- ShutterBall Helps You Take Just The Right Selfie With Your iPhone
- Pandora For Android Adds Chromecast, Tablet Support
- BearTek Gloves Allows Its Wearer To Control Bluetooth, Wi-Fi Devices
- NSA Collects Millions Of Email Addresses, Buddy Lists Globally
- Follow: fire, power, USB,