We’re just a little over 24 hours until Apple takes the stage for their “a lot to cover” event, where many people are expecting the company to announce a new iPad or two. As you’d expect with 24 hours left until a big Apple announcement, rumors have been circulating at an increased rate. We recently saw images of what looked to be the iPad 5 and iPad Mini 2 covered in gold, and we heard last week Apple might be unveiling a new smart cover for the iPad 5. It looks like that last rumor may have some legs as Apple might be announcing a new Surface-style keyboard cover for the iPad 5.
The rumor of a new keyboard cover for the iPad 5 originates from ex-Apple employee Jamie Ryan, who has heard Apple has been working on “a few different styles” of iPad keyboard covers for quite some time. If Apple does have a keyboard cover planned, it’ll expectedly replace its current Bluetooth keyboard, which we feel is a bit clunky when using. Ryan prefaces his report by saying when it comes to Apple prototype testing, there are more denials than there are approvals, but having a Bluetooth 4.0 keyboard cover could certainly help the company target the iPad 5 for professional users, while leaving the iPad Mini to be used by more casual users.
Next Story: Upcoming WWE 2K14 DLC, Season Pass Announced
- 2014-04-16: Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2013-10-22: iPad Air Overview
- 2013-10-14: Apple Might Unveil New Smart Cover With iPad 5
- 2013-10-07: iPad 5 Release Date, News and Rumored Specs
- 2013-08-12: iPad 5 Features Same Thin Touch-Screen Technology As iPad Mini [Rumor]
- 2013-06-12: The Smart Cargo Is An Accessory For The iPad's Smart Cover