Apple is expected to unveil both new iPads on October 15th, but so far the company hasn’t said anything about its tablet plans. Nevertheless, rumors have constantly been coming in. We’ve also seen a plethora of purported parts and components surface online and today we get to see a purported iPad 5 casing in the space gray color that Apple debuted with the iPhone 5s last month. The video compares the casing with that of the existing iPad, design changes are quite evident.
iPad 5 is expected to have a design similar to that of the iPad mini, this has been rumored time and time again. Alleged schematics of the next generation iPad that recently leaked also hinted at this possibility. The casing in this video also bears resemblance to that of its younger sibling. Furthermore, the iPad 5 is expected to be thinner, lighter and have thinner bezels. The Space Gray color is actually the replace for Slate, this casing has a black front bezel. It is interesting to note that the casing in this video does not have the embedded magnets that are used to clip on the Smart Covers, so there’s a possibility that it might be a knock off or an early prototype.
Next Story: 'Revenge Porn' Has Been Banned In California
- 2013-10-22: iPad Air Overview
- 2013-10-21: iPad 5 May Get A Keyboard Smart Cover Of Its Own [Rumor]
- 2013-10-14: Purported Gold iPad 5 And iPad 2 Mini Leaked
- 2013-10-14: iPad Mini With Retina Display Reportedly Bit Thicker Due To Bigger Battery
- 2013-10-14: Retina iPad Mini Won't Be Announced On October 22nd [Analyst]
- 2013-09-29: Alleged iPad 5 Rear Casing Compared With iPad 4 And iPad Mini
- 2013-09-27: iPad 5 Purported Schematics Hint At Design And Dimensions
- 2013-08-29: iPad 5 Redesigned Purported Rear Housing Leaked
- 2013-08-28: New iPads Reportedly Not Launching On September 10th
- 2013-08-28: Allegedly Leaked iPad 5 Front Panel Reveals Slim Bezels