We’ve seen no shortage of rumors about the next generation iPad mini having a Retina display. This possibility has been rumored time and time again over the last few months, but nothing is known for sure as yet because Apple hasn’t confirmed anything. All we have to go on is a bunch of rumors and speculation. The latest round of speculation suggests that the upcoming iPad mini will be a bit thicker than its predecessor due to the fact that it has a bigger battery, which will provide adequate juice for the Retina display.
Macotakara, a Japanese website, interviewed iPad case makers at the China Sourcing Fair 2013 in Hong Kong. Case makers present at the trade show offer this bit of speculation, that the next iPad mini will be 7.5 millimeters thick, up from 7.2 millimeters on the existing iPad. The new iPad mini is also expected to gain 0.2 millimeters in width. Cases for the upcoming tablet also include a cut out for the rear microphone, though its not unusual for case makers to create their products prior to the official announcement of a device, so information coming from them should be taken with a grain of salt. Apple is expected to unveil the iPad mini with Retina display alongside the iPad 5 on October 22nd.
- 2014-04-17: Refurbished Retina iPad Mini Now Available Online
- 2014-01-08: iPad Air And Retina iPad Mini Now Available From Staples Retail Stores
- 2013-12-08: Cellular Retina iPad Mini Supply Still Appears To Be Tight
- 2013-10-22: iPad Air Overview
- 2013-10-21: iPad 5 May Get A Keyboard Smart Cover Of Its Own [Rumor]
- 2013-10-14: Purported Gold iPad 5 And iPad 2 Mini Leaked
- 2013-10-14: iPad Mini With Retina Display Reportedly Bit Thicker Due To Bigger Battery
- 2013-10-14: Retina iPad Mini Won't Be Announced On October 22nd [Analyst]
- 2013-10-13: Low Cost iMac And iPad With High Resolution Display Rumored