Last month Apple released the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c in the U.S., as well as a number of select markets. In the U.S., both smartphones were offered by Apple Retail Stores, carriers and retailers on launch day. Prior to the release, Walmart announced that it would sell the iPhone 5c $20 less than its contract price for $79. Target soon matched this price. In a bid to drive more sales, Best Buy just recently announced that the iPhone 5c would be available for $50 on contract, though this was a limited time promotion. Walmart strikes back by slashing the new plastic iPhone’s price once again, offering it for $45.
As mentioned above, this is the on contract price, meaning that customers will have to choose a two year service contract with Verizon, AT&T, Sprint or T-Mobile. Sarah Spencer McKinney, director of corporate communications for Walmart, tells ABC News that customers should expect the price to remain constant at $45 throughout the holiday season. There’s no doubt in the fact that the retailer is offering a substantial discount on the on contract price of iPhone 5c. Apple’s suggested retail price for the smartphone is $99.99 along with a two year contract. So if you’re in the market for an “unapologetically” plastic iPhone, picking it up from Walmart will save you a decent amount of your hard earned dollars.
Next Story: Nokia Lumia 1520 Purported Press Render Leaked
- 2014-04-17 Walmart Launches A Money Transfer Service
- 2014-03-19 Analyst Doesn't Think 8GB iPhone 5c And Relaunched iPad 4 Will Have Much Impact On Apple's March/June Quarters
- 2014-03-18 Apple Explains Why They Launched The 8GB iPhone 5c
- 2014-03-18 8GB iPhone 5c Has Been Officially Launched In The UK
- 2014-03-17 8GB iPhone 5c Set To Roll Out (Rumor)
- 2014-03-13 iPhone 5c's Disappointing Performance Seen In China As Well
- 2013-12-10 Walmart To Sell iPhone 5s And iPhone 5c With No Contract Plans
- 2013-09-12 Walmart Will Begin Selling iPhone 5C For $79, iPhone 5S For $189