We have seen a couple of iWatch concepts and for the most part, they look like your typical watch/smartwatches albeit with a pretty sleek interface. However what if Apple’s iWatch did not actually look like a watch? Wouldn’t that be a nice twist to the proceedings? Well that’s pretty much what Thomas Bogner did with his own mockup of the iWatch (as pictured above). His interpretation of the iWatch appears to share a very similar design philosophy to Nike’s FuelBand, albeit with what appears to be a touchscreen interface where users will be able to swipe in between the modes, such as switching between the time, apps, music controls, and etc.
According to Bogner, he claims that his design is something of a “bastard child of a Fuel Band and an iPhone”, and that by using the FuelBand, it got him thinking as to what he thinks a smartwatch could look like, and the type of functionality that it offers. It is admittedly a good idea, especially if you thought that accessories like the Nike FuelBand and Jawbone Up have been nicely designed, although its doesn’t doesn’t exactly scream Apple, but we suppose that’s what concepts are for. What do you guys think? Is this an iWatch design you would like to see made reality? Or do you prefer your smartwatches to actually look more like watches?
- 2014-04-09: High-End iWatch Could Cost Several Thousand Dollars [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: iWatch Circuit Board Samples Reportedly Being Sent To Apple [Rumor]
- 2014-04-08: Apple iWatch Rumored For Q3 2014 Launch
- 2014-04-07: Analyst: Apple iWatch To Get UV Exposure Sensors
- 2014-03-28: Apple Reportedly Tried To Hire Swiss Watchmakers For iWatch