Samsung and LG were both said to launch phones with curved displays. Samsung launched theirs: the Samsung Galaxy Round, and now week later LG has revealed theirs as well: the LG G Flex. The G Flex has been rumored and leaked for a while now but it seems that LG has finally gone official with the handset over in South Korea where the device is expected to see a release next month and will be arriving on all 3 major carriers in the country. Unlike the Samsung Galaxy Round where the curvature of the display is from side to side, LG’s own curved display is more from top to bottom, as you can see in the image above.
The G Flex will sport a 6” 720p display and will be powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset clocked at 2.26GHz and will be accompanied by 2GB of RAM, 32GB of onboard storage, a built-in microSD card slot for memory expansion, a 13MP rear-facing camera, LTE-A connectivity, and will run on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with a sizeable 3,500mAh battery to top things off. While the hardware specs are impressive, it’s probably some of the other aspects of the device that makes it rather interesting.
For starters the G Flex will come with a special film at the back of the phone that will be able to “self-heal” scratches within minutes, although we do have to wonder how long before the film starts to wear off. The phone will also come with a “swing lock screen” feature that moves the wallpaper in response to tilting motions, and will produce different unlocking effects when touching different parts of the screen. In any case like we said, the phone will see a release in South Korea next month with no word on whether it will make its way stateside. [Press Release]
- 2014-04-23 LG Files For "W Watch" Trademark
- 2014-04-23 LG Optimus L90 & L70 Launches On T-Mobile And MetroPCS
- 2014-04-22 LG G3 Screenshots Hint At New UI, 'Concierge Service'
- 2014-04-22 Possible LG G3 Software Features Revealed [Rumor]
- 2014-04-21 LG G Watch To Arrive In A Shade Of Gold
- 2014-04-16 AT&T’s LG G Flex Tipped For Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Tomorrow
- 2014-03-27 LG G Flex Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-03-03 LG G Flex Could Get 4K Video Post Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2014-02-14 LG G Flex Review
- 2014-02-12 LG Ramping Up Flexible Display Production